Friday, May 16, 2008

Rejection a.k.a Why I LOVE My Roommate

So here is WHY I LOVE my roommate (no not in that way...get your minds out of the gutter). I am having problems telling J. that I am interested. So here is how FABULOUS Amy has proposed I communicate this to said boy!!!

This is the actual email (with full name removed) I just received at work. Needless to say my co-workers think I've made that last step over the edge!

Too true, rejecting people = not fun... so to help ease your unpleasant task... I've included some stock "let down" lines for your viewing pleasure (and possible use):

1. "J, I... uh... I may have failed to inform you that I have been diagnosed with split personality disorder. Vanessa didn't take into account that this weekend is Sheena's scheduled weekend, and she has other plans. Vanessa will catch up with you next week."

2. "J., I'd love to get together with you, but unfortunately my IBS is flaring up and I'd rather spare you the unpleasantness that entails."

3. "J.... the thing is... well... this just isn't working for me. Thanks for playing and better luck next time."

And lastly, a poem.

For J-dog

No one likes to be rejected
But sometimes life can be unkind
I hope you won't be too affected
When I point out you're unrefined

1 comment:

Jenn And The City said...

OMG! Sheena's weekend indeed! I just spit coffee all over the place. Happy Weekend Princess V!