Thursday, February 7, 2008

Madness -- The Beginning or is it The End

The move update and so begins the life of the blog. Jenn has set the bar pretty high. I'll start with the disclaimer that my spelling sucks and I did everything I could to avoid English classes in college. So if the comments you want to leave having anything to do with my grammar or spelling, see my complaints’ department. If you don't know where to find my complaints’ department, please ask, I'll tell ya!

I am on pins and needles with feelings of being obsessively anxious, neurotic, frantic, excited, in a frenzy and then rinsing and repeating when the second hand changes. If I had more money, by now my mom would have me in a 51-50 lockdown next to Britney and filing to be conservator of my estate. Correction...if I had any money!

During one of my epiphanies I surmised I had my move all figured out -- short stay in a hotel and move into an apartment in Central West End of St. Louis. During my next trip into lunacy I figured I'd never get everything together -- and how do I ship my car and where do I put my cats and how do I move my belongings and what in my apartment can I throw away and oh my how was I thinking I could pull this off?

Ok, which friend gets to talk me off the ledge this time? Dial cell phone and hope for the right words on the other end. I guess to get the words I need to hear, I have to be able to explain my current crisis in words and not tears. This drill has become familiar and after a few brief overwhelming minutes, I am again dancing on the ledge and feeling as if I know what I am doing.

I am currently having a glimpse of sanity, sans the drama and tears in this current posting. I am sure the roller coaster is only at a temporary stop to load more passengers. We pause for a moment to thank my sponsors, those who keep sitting in the front car of the roller coaster, even though the bar doesn't look like it locks into place anymore....and now back to my irregularly scheduled meltdown.

So as of today here is where we stand...my last day at Olympic/Sterling on 2/15. I leave Bellingham on 2/16 and start work in St. Louis on 2/18! I will be staying in a hotel until the 27th and flying back to Bellingham to get thy affairs in order and back to St. Louis on 3/1. Where I am staying when I go back is still up in the air. I am thinking 2 more weeks in a hotel while I prowl the city for a place to live and wait for my car to be delivered.

Note: This has been edited to prevent shock and horror in anyone who is not a truck driver or had more than a two minute conversation with my mother.

1 comment:

Jenn And The City said...

Look at it this way, it's a different kind of madness. A new train. Love ya! Hang in there,
Jenn